03 741 1039
027 276 1897
PO Box 9344
Tim has practised in senior roles in the litigation team of a national law firm and prior to that as a crown prosecutor.
Tim accepts instructions across a range of litigation. This includes civil and commercial, professional liability and discipline, employment, and regulatory criminal offences (particularly Health and Safety offences) .
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for Standards Committees and the New Zealand Law Society in tribunal prosecutions, appeals and judicial review proceedings through to the Supreme Court.
- Acting for plaintiffs and defendants in negligence claims in the High Court.
- Estate and will challenge proceedings in the High Court.
- Director and shareholder trial in the High Court.
- Obtaining an urgent ex parte injunction for a multi-national company to halt the actions of a departed employee.
- Undertaking independent investigations in employment and company disputes.
- Acting for parties in contentious coroner’s inquests.
- Representing employers and employees in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
- Acting as prosecutor in a private prosecution of the New Zealand Defence Force of a Health and Safety charge.
- Appeal to the High Court from a Health and Safety sentencing.
- Representing employers in WorkSafe investigations.
- Representing professionals in conduct investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
- Acting for council inspectors, police and private licencees in Sale of Alcohol litigation from council hearings through to High Court Appeals.
- Lim v Meadow Mushrooms Ltd (2015) 10 NZELC 79-060.
- Jones v WorkSafe New Zealand (2015) 12 NZELR 704.
- Queenstown Lakes District Licensing Inspector v Turnbull Group Ltd  NZAR 554.
- CH & DL Properties Ltd v Christchurch District Licensing Agency (2010) 20 PRNZ 680.
- Civil Aviation Authority v Griffiths  DCR 169.
Memberships and appointments:
- Senior Crown Prosecutor.
- Amicus Curiae.
- Litigation Skills faculty.
- Lecturer, University of Canterbury law school, employment law paper.
- Litigation Committee, NZLS Canterbury-Westland branch.
- Health and Safety Committee, ADLSI.
- Volunteer lawyer, Community Law Canterbury.
Outside of work Tim enjoys spending time with his young family and dogs, mountain biking, skiing, and boating.